Monday, November 11, 2013

Words Worked

Weird... I discovered an image being circulated that includes exact lines from one of my old poems that was published prior to Internet popularity. It's cool to be plagiarized, I guess -- though I certainly don't condone the act! However, if I didn't want to share then I wouldn't have published it later on the Net too. The thing is that very many of the comments posted along with the image include statements of how the poem (it's actually a prayer) has been going around for many years and that it's been read at many a funeral to ease the pain of loss while offering hope for the future. How lovely that words can touch so many hearts! It doesn't matter that someone used words that came out of my pen to enhance words that have indeed been in use for a long time. What matters is that the words worked! I feel so honored and thankful to have been used by Spirit in this way!

"The colors we brush upon this life remain bright long after the soul takes flight!" -- T.E. Pruitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and remarks. Moderation is on to avoid spam, so comments will be posted as soon as possible. Thanks!