Friday, February 15, 2013

Love Rocks

This year Valentine's Day had been dominated by a different kind of love... my love of rocks! I've been following the path of comet DA14 Lemmon and other astral bodies. An object unrelated to DA14 did indeed impact in Russia today; I'm very sorry to read that people were hurt and damage incurred. These comets and asteroids are a seriously cool event though, and this armchair scientist is going to revel in the luck of the passing. I think that this is a bigger event for me than the passing of Halley's Comet.
I enjoyed the computer animations shown on and ABC News web page, here. Off to look, watch, and read more.


-- Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and remarks. Moderation is on to avoid spam, so comments will be posted as soon as possible. Thanks!