Monday, March 11, 2013

G Loving Day

 I had a "G" day... glorious grey, though some would say gloomy, grateful, giggling, good, Gabby! It wasn't too long ago that I accidently sat on the new cat because Gabrielle had never lain on the sofa before; She'd not shown interest in sitting on the cushions until that day. Afterwards she was fine, and I healed, but today she took a new liberty by climbing up to lay on my chest when I sat down on the sofa! Being not quite two years old she's still more play than cuddle, so a purring curl-up was a shock that left me glowing (another "G" word).
 She can be grabbed for a hug anytime, but this was her choice and more intimate than holding her while standing. Her motion was slow, sweet, gentle, and she looked right into my eyes while searching for the perfect snuggle-in position. She purred while I rubbed her tummy until a bird landed in view outside a nearby window. Laying just an inch or two from my face Gabby chirped a cat song to the bird. I did my best to imitate the sound she'd made, and when I did her eyes widened in shock. She picked up one of her paws to gently stroke my face in the same manner that I do for her when showing that she's been a "good girl"! After that she twisted her head into a darling snuggle under my chin -- truly touching! Her purring deepened in tone. I sat there far longer than I'd intended but was left with a smile that has lasted longer still. It's a joy to watch this cat continue to develop and grow!

You'd never suspect this sweetie likes to pretend the dog is a wildebeest and she's a lioness!



-- Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and remarks. Moderation is on to avoid spam, so comments will be posted as soon as possible. Thanks!