Sunday, March 17, 2013

Theft From Above

While walking the dog this evening my attention was caught by a feral cat on the other side of the street that had jumped on a dove. The bird hopped around squawking loudly while flapping its wings. Fat-cat took a big swipe with his paw, knocking the dove into a roll over the grass, and then jumped into the air after it. The cat was still airborne when he was passed by a Peregrine falcon that swooped in to grab the dove! The cat landed and tried to jump up after the thieving falcon but only knocked the dove slightly askew. Turning my direction the falcon struggled with its prey while flying right at me, screeching all the way! I ducked as it flew over my head close enough for me to focus for a second on the thrashing doves eyes that seemed to know only two streets over a nest in an empty field was waiting. 


-- Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and remarks. Moderation is on to avoid spam, so comments will be posted as soon as possible. Thanks!