Thursday, March 14, 2013

Higgs boson in my lifetime is pretty darn cool

I remember laughing at the old movie "Parenthood" where the grandmother sucks in helium during a birthday party and says, "When I was a girl Grover Cleveland was president." My version might be, "When I was a girl the Mayan language and simple physics were still mysteries". What a world! :)
 I appreciate the reserve expressed in the link... be 100%. Still, Higgs boson in my lifetime is pretty darn cool to me! "It remains an open question whether this is the Higgs boson of the Standard Model ... or possibly the lightest of several bosons predicted in some theories that go beyond the Standard Model,"http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/14/us-science-higgs-idUSBRE9270XW20130314


-- Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and remarks. Moderation is on to avoid spam, so comments will be posted as soon as possible. Thanks!